This is our Commitment to Being Responsible
We love what we do. However, we recognise the jewellery industry needs to get better at being transparent and honest about where materials come from, who has been affected by this and what damage has been done to the environment. No one can be in any doubt that the world is under huge environmental and social strain thanks to unsustainable business models and heavy reliance on natural resources. We need to make changes now to protect the planet for future generations. We believe this change will come if everyone does their bit. Here at EC One, we need to take responsibility for our actions and do what we can do to make a difference. If enough of us act now we can reduce our collective impact by only designing and making jewellery that can change the world - for the better.
We are a value-driven business. We believe in the power of business to do good. We are not going to shout about what we do, just ensure that we are working in a way that is honest and builds trust with our customers. Combining our skilled design and craftsmanship with innovated ways of working and materials that are considerate to the environment.
Our vision is to:
● Create jewellery made from materials that are sourced responsibly, giving back to the people who produced them and protecting the environment, without compromising on style.
● Run our business in a way that minimises its impact on the environment.
● Provide a supportive work environment so our staff are happy and empowered to do their jobs well, and to support future talent to grow in the industry.
● Celebrate the fact we are an organisation with many women in leadership roles.
● Support the community around us by continuing to offer apprenticeships and giving to charitable causes.
● Become a brand with a positive story to tell, which engages our clients, helping us to build a loyal community of people who trust us and want to share our journey.
Since we started in 1997, we have been a positive influence on the jewellery industry. Forerunners in ethical diamonds, recycling, and the first company in the world to make and register Fairtrade Jewellery. We are proud of what we have achieved but want to go much further – eventually providing jewellery that is fully traceable. We know we won’t always get it right, but we are determined to make a difference for the sake of our planet and the people affected by our industry.