Here at EC One we are different from most other jewellers because at the centre of what we do is allowing you to make to your own bespoke design. You don’t have to be artistic or an architect (although that does happen) to have a consultation with one of our EC One team to come up with your own unique piece.
Although our workshop is located in our Exmouth Market shop, you can arrange a consultation at any of our EC One stores. This is where we offer clients the opportunity to sit down with a member of staff for a chat about design possibilities. It’s also possible to request, view and choose stones, as well as to oversee the production of your bespoke jewellery piece.
EC One also offers the use of “CAD”, or “Computer Aided Design”, a computer program which allows our goldsmiths to design a 3D model of a piece of jewellery on the computer before crafting it in the real world. Digital modelling allows for an incredibly accurate image that gives a real sense of what the finished product will look like. Designs can be discussed by email, with images sent as attachments, making the process of perfecting your design quick and convenient.
Because there are no ‘middle people’ the costs associated with having something handmade is very reasonable. Just pop in with something in mind or email us your ideas and we will take it from there. Whether it is something to mark an occasion, remodel an existing piece of jewellery or creating the perfect engagement ring we would love to help.
EC One Workshop
Precious jewellery design has always been at the heart of EC One. Founding partner Jos Skeates trained as a Goldsmith and jewellery designer before setting up EC One’s on-site Clerkenwell workshop. All our jewellery at EC One is marked by craftsmanship of the highest standards and the use of the finest stones. As ever, you can be assured that all diamonds sold at EC One are conflict-free and always will be.
The Clerkenwell store houses the onsite workshop, where it is possible to view the designers and Goldsmiths at work on the exclusive ‘Jos‘, ‘One‘ and ‘Garden’ collections as well as one-off bespoke commissions.
To Make Your Bespoke Jewellery Piece:
- Talk to us. Call, email or come just come in and have a chat with one of the EC One sales assistants. They have all been highly trained in jewellery and often make their own work. Here you can talk through your ideas. We may make some sketches and we will show you examples of pieces we have made in the past. We will give you our best advice on how to realise the piece.
- The Render or The Maquette – This is a model of the piece that we will create either as a digital image (or ‘render’) on CAD, or in silver (a ‘marquette’, the French word for scale model) to help you visualise the end result. These are the equivalent of a dressmakers ‘toile’ or sculptors model. Often this can be the most cost effective way of making sure everyone knows what the end result will look like. We keep hold of these sketches to help others imagine their creations and also to have a copy should anything happen to the original.
- The Fitting. Once the design has been agreed we will ask you to come back for a fitting to check the size before we set the stones. If you are in a hurry then this might not be needed.
- The Finished Piece. This is always a surprise as it looks so much better than the model. Our Goldsmiths have very exacting standards and the finished article will be perfect before it goes to its happy recipient.
- Afterwards. We will send you a free valuation for your insurers, often with a photo for your records. As an EC One customer, you are welcome to bring the piece back to have it cleaned and spruced up at any time in the future.
To get an idea of what we could do for you, why not have a browse of our Workshop Blogs?
If you’re thinking of commissioning a piece with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Exmouth Market branch on 0207 713 6185 to find out how we could help….